Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Uses for Coconut Oil

I never knew about the uses of coconut oil until more recently as discovered on pinterest and fellow oil users.  I gave it a try and I must say, I absolutely love the stuff!  You can get it almost anywhere from CVS to Meijer to Target and health food stores.  If you find the unrefined oil it will smell like coconut and it's potency is slightly higher since it's not processed first.  This is the variety that's best for taking internally i.e. in food etc... I usually get the refined because I shop at Target a lot for their specialty products and I pay about $7 for a jar.  The jar is basically a mason jar without the logo and I reuse them (since I'm earth conscious) for my homemade gifts and such :)  It is also good for thyroid trouble so I'm cooking with it quite a bit now and I love it!

Benefits of coconut oil!  www.onedoterracommunity.com   https://www.facebook.com/#!/OneDoterraCommunity

2 comments:

  1. I will definitely have to get some coconut oil and try some of these! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing! I've made a healing ointment mixing the oil with a few drops of tea tree oil. This is great for my kids ouchies and my acne flare ups :)

      Delete