Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Crockpot pumpkin apple butter

This is a very easy and healthy apple butter with added pumpkin because I LOVE pumpkin anything! You can adjust the amount of spices to your liking as I don't really measure for the most part!

Ingredient list:
5lb bag apples (I used Gala)
Juice of 1 lemon
1/2 C brown sugar
1 Tbsp cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp ginger
1 15oz can pumpkin
-I used an apple corer to quickly cut the apples into 8 pieces (leave the skin on)
-Put all the apple slices into your crockpot and squeeze the lemon juice over it. Next,  spread on the pumpkin puree and add your spices. Close the lid and cook on low for 6 hrs. Half way through give everything a good stir to incorporate.  Once done cooking, use an immersion blender or standard one (which I used) to puree the mixture to desired consistency.  ENJOY! What I made fit into the jars pictured below. My family loves this version and I might need to hide a jar for myself! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment